Thursday, August 25, 2011

Our little random adventure...

Last Saturday, Dan and I didn't really have anything planned for the day or anything we really had to do. We ended up deciding to go for a drive since it was a nice weather day, and we thought we'll just see where it leads us. We just drove around town for a little while, and then the next thing I know we are in PA. By now it's completely dark outside and I begin to ask Dan if he has any intention of turning around soon since we have no clue where we are or at least stop so I can eat dinner. We end up finding a Cracker Barrel and decide to stop there. I thought this would be fun because I hadn't been since I was a child when my grandmother would always take us.

I forgot how much I use to like going there because as soon as you walk in it's like a little gift shop. It has all the cool children's toys I use to love playing with, and different Holiday decorations for all my favorite Holidays. So to say the least, I had so much fun looking and shopping around. I bought a cute little Halloween decoration that I can't wait to put out and a cute gift for someone I know. I hope they like it. Dan and I were like big kids. Taking pictures wearing funny hats, and playing with some old school favorite toys of ours.

Once we were done goofing around, we finally were ready to sit down and eat. By then it was already 9:30 so not to many people were there. I kind of liked it this way. Of course they have that famous game of theirs that they keep at each table. I honestly can't recall the name of the game though. I couldn't even remember at the time when we were playing. I even tried looking on the back of the game to see what it was called and it's something that I would have never guessed. Some weird long name. Anyways, of course we had to take turns trying to out do one another. You know, just your friendly husband and wife competition. We are definitely both competitive and hate losing. Well, I only hate losing to him (hehe).  

So the food was definitely yummy and I couldn't believe that after two dinner meals, endless amounts of sweet peach tea and dessert, are bill only came to $19.99! I thought that was pretty cheap. I will definitely have to make a few more trips back there more often. We both enjoyed it a lot.

Making his move
Our Dinner









Yummy Dessert
Don't mess with me
Who doesn't love slinkys??
Loved our Hats...
My farmer boy


1 comment:

  1. Love the old cracker barrel. Debbie Ave/Mace Ave cracker barrel trip is needed this winter.

    ReplyDelete